Thursday, February 15, 2007

Aleph Circ Note

In Aleph Version 15, if an item had a circ note, the note would pop up when the item was scanned for check out. That was useful because it notified me if an item had restrictions on it.

Example: I put OPAC notes and CIRC notes on videos (For instructors only) and on reference textbooks (For use in library only)

In Version 17, the circ note does not pop up. In order to see it when checking out an item, I must switch from loan view to item view, then I must scroll down in the box of item details.

Has anyone found a way around this problem?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Where are you posting your notes?
There is a Loan notes area on the left side of the page when you bring up a Patron name and the circulating item information. Are you adding them there?

Emily said...

The better question might be.. what is an ISBN that we can use as an example...

Chandra said...

I'm adding the note to the item record when I add a new holding. It's one of the tabs right behind where I put in the barcode, sublibrary, etc.

Try ISBN 0788604252.