Thursday, April 24, 2008

I would like to share what I am doing to advertise the library survey. Please send me, or post on the blog, what you are doing at your campus.

Posters with the survey http address attached - Place on bulletin board in the entryway, student
lounge door, library door, librarian's desk. (Have you ever seen at the grocery store or
laundromat signs that have many copies of the phone number on the bottom so that you
can rip off one of them and take it with you? That is what these posters have.)
Student Announcements - These are put out by our front office and they were happy to include
one of Emily's posters to advertise the survey for us.
Emails on Monday and Wednesday
Personally hounding everyone we see next week.

I think I need to do more. If any brilliant thought comes to me I will pass it along!

1 comment:

Amy Springer said...

I have sent emails to faculty to schedule time during their classes for me to come in and tell them about the survey.

At this point, I'm getting some eye-rolls from students that have been hounded by me 2 or 3 times in their classes.

I think this method will be less effective during the rest of the week.