Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Poster Session.... Collection Development Redux

So- my poster session (although this year they're not really doing "poster-like" displays) at the Florida Library Association Annual Conference is coming up in a few weeks. While this is Florida-specific, I used the fact that we are across 5 states as a "grab" of sorts.

I am highlighting collaborative collection development and incorporating the email lists (CHOICE, RCLweb) w/the form to try and increase faculty input. (This might be helpful to other academic librarians.) To an extent, input has increased on my campus. If anyone else has tried this yet, I would appreciate any info so I can incorporate details, anecdotes, whatever from other campuses, too. Thanks as always!

2 comments:

Chandra said...

I haven't tried the e-mail lists yet. I did introduce RCLweb during a faculty professional development session, and I gave time for instructors to explore the service and fill out recommendation forms during the session. That yielded a number of recommendations during the session, but I haven't seen any evidence that instructors have used RCLweb after that day.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.