Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Golden Day

Originally I was going to name this post the Golden Notebook, but Jon, the Learning Center coordinator who shares space with me, said I should name it the Golden Day because that really reflects how my day has gone. It started off with my first workshop on APA formatting in which I had 10 participants! Students from one instructor’s class brought the rough drafts that had been returned to them. This lent itself very well to the workshop as they could fix mistakes and learn the proper way to format. Aside from those students, I had one who is a midstart, online only, who has been to two of my workshops and another student who hasn’t even started yet. She is excited to start in July and she will already be a step ahead of her fellow students. After my workshop, I found two boxes of books from B&T. One of the tutors was so eager to open the box and see what had arrived. When she and I were talking, Jon came over to see if the book he had recommended for staff picks came in. That book was “The Golden Notebook.” He was so excited that we had it. He ran his hands over the cover and then he looked at the edges of the pages and said it was just like he remembered. I told him I had to blog about it because it was so sweet that he was caressing the book. The only blip in the day was when a sociology student who was working on his paper asked me if I had attended the Woodstock music festival. All in all, a golden day.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Sorry....still laughing over the Woodstock question. Congrats on such great attendance at your events. I detect a future library work study in that student who has attended library sessions before even starting classes!