Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hello from Rockford

Hello Everyone,

I am Cynthia Reynolds, the new librarian at the Rockford Campus. Since the Team Call is postponed for a week, I decided to introduce myself here and try my hand at the blog. I come from a background in corrections. After being a Correctional Officer for 20+ years, I went back to graduate school at the University of Illinois to obtain my MLS. I worked for two years at Rockford Public Library in Adult Services/Reference before I started here last Monday.

I really enjoy the positive, friendly, helpful environment at Rasmussen College. This week I am trying to get to many of the classrooms to introduce myself to faculty and students as there has not been a librarian here for several months. My head is still swimming with all I need to learn and I am sure I will need to call upon your expertise in many areas.

I look forward to meeting you all next month at the annual meeting.

7 comments:

KarenE said...

Welcome, Cynthia! I look forward meeting you next month! We can swim in tandem. :)

Chandra said...

Cynthia, welcome to the team. It will be great to meet you.

Sara said...

Hi Cynthia! Welcome to Rasmussen! Wow, working as a guard--I bet you have some interesting stories about your past job--my Dean (a woman) also worked in corrections for a short time. Very cool! If you need help with something, drop me an email (saras@rasmussen.edu). Again, welcome!!!

Amy Springer said...

WELCOME! I look forward to meeting you.

Beth said...

Hello and welcome to you Cynthia, I look forward to meeting you. Your background in criminal justice will be a great asset for our team.

Kate Bessey said...

Hi, Cynthia! Glad to have you as a member of our team! Feel free to contact me with any questions. The meeting in a few weeks will be a great opportunity to get to know everyone. Looking forward to it! :)

LisaS said...

Hello Cynthia!
I have been a part of the team for 7 weeks and I am still asking questions. My husband has been a deputy sheriff for 12 years and just moved to the next county. Before that he worked as a jailer. I bet you love the quiet of being a librarian and the different attitude of your customer. Look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks!