Monday, October 29, 2007

My First (Official) Screencast

I've shared this with a few of you already, but here is a link to the YouTube posting of a screencast I worked on over the weekend. Thanks to a few speakers at MLA for their inspiration and exploration of the technology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reFXrhdvnmw

Please bear in mind that neither the sound quality nor the image quality in YouTube are all that fantastic; I will probably revise the sound on this cast later on. It's a good start, though, and I think a potentially great service for our students.

What are your thoughts?

-E

6 comments:

Amy Springer said...

This is so exciting! I hope that we can get camtasia so more creations can be made! How long does the trial last?

Chandra said...

I think that videos like this will really expand our reach to our students, especially our online students. Just last week, an instructor asked me if fully online students get the same training or information about NoodleTools and other resources. If we could imbed training videos like this one in our library page, we'd be able to provide our training to fully online students. Also, the videos would provide on-demand instruction for students who want extra training or a review.

Emily said...

The trial lasts 30 days. I'm working on being able to purchase it, though.

Beth said...

This is a wonderful idea to connect to our students in a way that is engaging and allows another form of technology to help us reach both on line and on campus more completely.

Cynthia said...

Apparently I have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe Flash Player, so I am unable to view the Screencast. Is this something that I can take care of myself, or does IT have to do it?

KarenE said...

Interesting concept, esp. for those who like to read along with the audio. Where I think this could potentially be of use for RCLS:
*NoodleBib training
*RCLS Catalog tutorial
*Possibly to feature NEW databases