Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Screencast Ideas

Great news - Matt has given me permission to purchase the Camtasia Screencast software. This is a huge deal, as we will be able to produce screen casts at need, rather than having to wait for another department to develop them on our behalf.

I've already created the sample screencast that I blogged about a bit ago on creating a References page in APA style via Word. I am planning to redo that cast with improved audio and text. I am also working on screen casts of our programmatic information literacy presentations, which I hope we can offer to online students in the interim, while we are developing the course.

What other presentations should we develop? In the basic rules of screencasting, I would like each to be no more than 15 minutes in length (we can make a series if they need to be longer) and be comprised of screen shots or screen actions (not video). They need to have a script (because figuring out what to say on the fly is impossible). Ideas, anyone?

5 comments:

Chandra said...

1. Creating a reference list in NoodleBib and uploading it in Word
2. Taking notes in NoodleBib, tagging them, etc.
3. Requesting an ILL through the catalog
4. Advanced EBSCO features (alerts, folders)
5. Getting the most out of a specific database (For example, using Business Search Complete for market research, company profiles)

Kate Bessey said...

I think a screen cast on creating or at least formatting an annotated bibliography would be helpful; that is one of my most common questions from students.

Amy Springer said...

Navigating from Rasmussen.edu -> student portal -> library resources -> print books, articles, ebooks

Seems easy.. but students often struggle...

Anonymous said...

Hi, see me on lisachu

http://projects.eightron.net/hmi/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=445 aoop.org/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=114412

Anonymous said...

buy facebook likes
get facebook likes

http://www.msstudentlounge.com/Default.aspx?TabId=60&id=767 http://matadortravel.com/forum/travel-talk/whats-good-esl-or-tesol-course-i-can-take
buy facebook likes 1000 facebook likes get facebook likes
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with Vista. I downloaded a MS word file which was attached to an email (no viruses, as far as I know). I then right clicked on the icon and renamed the file. A new icon with the new name appeared, and works fine to open the file. The old icon remained on the desktop and will neither open nor delete. When I try to open it it asks what program to use (even though it's a .doc), I pick Word, then nothing happens. When I try to drag it to the recycle bin it says it's no longer located on the desktop and I need to verify its location. It says its size is 0 bytes. Tried restarting, shutting down and booting back up, still there. What should I do?

buy facebook likes facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes