Monday, October 13, 2008

I attempted a "quiz" for my assessment

Tonight I gave a workshop for a Pathology I class. I gave a few workshops last week, and I noticed that I have a lot of students that overlap. I realized that I need to create a variety of assessment options so the same students will not be doing the "mapping exercise" over and over again. :)

I made the document to the right. I gave them this sheet before the workshop. Then, they answered the questions throughout the presentation. then, we went through the answers at the end. The students were really engaged throughout the workshop, and I walked around to make sure that the students were filling in their questions. I did not collect the quiz because I wanted the students to be able to take these "notes" home and have a copy of the Survey Monkey link.

4 comments:

Chandra said...

Love it. This is a great way to keep the assessment simple and to give students something to take with them. It also provides an outline of sorts for the presentation. Great idea, Amy!

KarenE said...

What a fantastic idea, Amy. Thank you for sharing.

Libby said...

Yes, thank you, Amy. This is really helpful -- I was handing out some of this info, but it is so much better to have the students "process" the info for themselves.

Jan said...

I like the fact that the quiz is short, but it makes them focus during the presentation.
Great idea about giving it to them for the survey link!