Thursday, October 30, 2008

Library friends

In my Dean/Director call this week Donna told Emily that we felt that the collection grading has helped bring the faculty into the library. They feel ownership now and feel welcome to give feedback. Donna commented that our faculty found many materials that were outdated and helped me with titles that would replace them. Emily made the comment that not everyone was able to get this cooperation. Donna shared that we kidnapped the faculty from our Friday meeting and told them that the meeting was to be moved to the library so that they could help me with the collection. They came willingly. When I do this again I will have food. It seems that I always forget that.

1 comment:

Amy Springer said...

I agree. When faculty feel some power over helping select materials in the library, they have a greater respect for the materials, and they'll be more apt to promote library resources in their classrooms.