Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Collection Development & Faculty Development

I wish I could take credit for this, but that goes to my Dean, Heather. Heather knows how I struggle to get faculty recommendations when it comes time to place library resource orders. Her idea this quarter was to devote some faculty development time to recommending resources. Last night at the end of faculty development, I handed out publisher catalogs and resource recommendation forms, and put the URLs for RCL Web and Choice on the white board, and let them have at it. Unfortunately, Choice was inaccessible, but faculty still came up with over 40 requests. Also, there was positive feedback about it in the faculty development evaluation. I believe the plan is to continue to incorporate this into the faculty development sessions.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Boo to Choice not working... but that's great that the session went well.

-E