Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Collaborating with Associate Director of Admissions

I have two areas to do books displays no bulletin boards. I knew that one had to be spiritual but I was not sure what I was going to put in the new area. I looked at the topics Emily put on the calendar for us and I became interested in the Identity Theft Prevention and Awareness month because I have had friends and relatives touched by this problem. I realized that I did not have much on the shelves for this topic and I wanted this display to be more informational so I contacted Jen, Associate director of Admissions, and asked her if we had any partnerships with banks. Jen goes out into the community and creates partnerships with businesses among other community activities. Jen was excited that I asked and immediately hooked me up with a rep from the local Wells Fargo bank. He came in and we discussed what they could offer. Starting Thursday we will have a display up on Identity theft in the library and on Wednesday the rep will be coming to the school to present in Success Strategies and Accounting 1. He will also do an open workshop just before night classes. I will do the advertising but he will do all the talking. I have also set him up with an instructor for next quarter that would like him to come in and present on the same topic. I'm so excited that this display will go further than just that! Jen told me that if I can come up with other topics that would reach out into the community she will help me bring them in and we can do more of the same! What fun this will be, my displays can come alive because they will be more than something to look at.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

My new name for Lisa is The Socializer. I think that if I'd reread all of her posts, I'd find that most of her library "victories" have come through talking and forming connections with others on her campus.