Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Scavenger Hunt in Success Strategies

I did a version of the "Library Scavenger Hunt" in multiple Success Strategies classes this quarter and all seemed to enjoy it. I divided it into three parts: Part 1 finding electronic resources, Part 2 finding print items in the library and Part 3 citing these items using NoodleBib. I did a mock "hunt" while the class was viewing my search via the Proxima, then let them work on their hunt by program area for about 20 minutes then we went to the library . This does take more than the usual 45min.-hour workshop time and all the classes needed additional time the following class to finish up. I gave them a handout with the assignment and our SurveyMonkey workshop address at the bottom. My handout is on Googledocuments if anyone would like to use it.

No comments: