Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Meebo Ideas

Hi Everyone,
I was thinking about an idea for the Meebo promotion and wondered if pens woud be a good idea. So many businesses and educational groups (Webjunction.org) are using free pens with the web address on them that I thought it might be part of a promotional item along with posters, etc. for Meebo.
Most people take free pens as they are useful and with the address on it the student would be able to go to Meebo with questions quite easily. What do you think?
Paula

4 comments:

Amy Springer said...

Are we actually going to advertise using the term Meebo? I don't think students will know what that is.. What about just "Chat Reference?" We could hand out bookmarks at orientation..

Emily said...

The only way I was thinking of using the word "Meebo" was on a name tag that we can wear to promote the service. Something like "Do you Know Meebo?" I'm hoping the tag would spark interest in the service.

Otherwise, no... :)

KarenE said...

I love the word Meebo in and of itself. "Chat Reference" is a phrase that pretty, well, dry. I think Meebo will catch students' attention.

Kate Bessey said...

Marketing:


I Meebo!
Do you Meebo?

Chat online with a Rasmussen Librarian NOW!

Go to the library's website or search for RasColLib(@rasmussen.edu) on all the popular IM services.

Lets chat!