Friday, September 05, 2008

Admissions Team Workshop

I have been trying to meet with the Head of Admissions for the past two weeks without success. Today I walked in with one of the reps who does a fantastic job of promoting the library and sending students to me. She said that I needed to do a workshop for the reps. I told her it was funny that she should mention that as I had been trying to talk with her supervisor about it. She said that if I was available on Monday during their regularly scheduled meeting that she would take care of it. Soon after, she sent an email to her supervisor and copied it to me requesting that I do a workshop. Fifteen minutes later, her supervisor called me and we finalized the arrangements. I am excited about this as we have several new admissions reps and as far as I know there has never been a library workshop for admissions. As Chandra has said, it is important for them to know what they are promoting. Also, the reps are the ones who do all of the online training with the students at orientation, so it is important that they be able to show them what is available in the online library. And, I now know the 'go to' person in Admissions. ;^)

2 comments:

Chandra said...

Hurrah! I'm happy for you that you were able to get the meeting set up--finally. Congratulations! Let us know how it goes.

Beth said...

Glad this finally worked out for you, I did a meeting in July with ours. It really seemed to help with their understanding and how they present the library and our resources. It has had a very positive impact, hope it goes well with your group.