Thursday, September 18, 2008

Book Display for Faculty and Staff

Last night I set up a display of books in the Faculty and Staff lounge. The sign says, "Faculty and Staff, Do you have extra time over break to do some recreational reading?"

Already this morning I had 2 check-out slips! I chose the books carefully trying to decipher what the faculty and staff might be interested in reading. The 2 books that were checked out are Maus and The Last Lecture.

Here are the photos of the display.




So, sometimes you have to take the books out of the library to get faculty and staff to notice??

5 comments:

KarenE said...

I love this idea! I'm hoping to start involving staff & faculty in recommending books in May.

Amy Springer said...

I like that idea. That would be nice for a bulletin board.. Hmm.. wheels are turning...

Sara said...

Do you do a mass email of the new materials after you catalog them??? I ususally create one in word (have it in catagories) then send an email to the staff, fac. and students to let them know what we have for new materials for the quarter. Certian titles that may be of interest to faculty, I will individually email them to let them know what just came in and may be of interest to them (because of past field trips, assignments, etc)

Amy Springer said...

I do a word doc with the list of new books for each "school" (ie School of Allied Health). I do this randomly.. but it probably averages out to being 1x per quarter.

I print these sheets and put them in faculty mailboxes. The full time faculty usually hang these word docs in their classrooms.

LisaS said...

I have created lists in Xcell and send them but I also like the idea of lists by schools. It would not be as overwhelming for them to look at. It would be great to if we could post those lists where students tread. I ordered some of those suction cup signs. That seems to me like a great place....also our big television would be a great place.