Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Survey Monkey surveys

I have checked my results in Survey Monkey for both the general and workshop surveys, and the number of results are disappointing. I have had 11 completed for workshops and 4 for the general satisfaction survey. In workshops, I distribute handouts that have the link on them and tell the students at the beginning and end of the workshop that they will be entered to win a $50 Target Gift Card if they fill out the survey. I have signs in the library promoting the general survey along with slips of paper on the tables and on my desk with the information. What are you doing to get students to fill out the survey?

3 comments:

Chandra said...

Most of the workshops I've done have been in a computer lab. For handouts or assessments, I've used various versions of the sheet Amy created which shows the link to the survey. At the end of the workshop, I've given time for students to complete the survey.

I'm looking forward to hearing what others have been doing to promote the general survey.

Emily said...

You may want to create a Quick Part in Outlook to add to your e-mail. I just created one that I'll send out via e-mail. You highlight the text in the e-mail, click on the Insert tab, QuickParts, then "Save the Selection to the QuickParts Gallery". Then, when you want to use it, just click Insert - QuickParts- and the item.

Or, you could just add it to your signature.

Cynthia said...

I have the link added to my signature. However, I don't think any students scroll down that far to access the link.