Thursday, January 22, 2009

Resources for Foundations of English

Two quarters ago, students came to me with issues about online Foundations of English class. I quickly found out that the class did not have a text book and the students were struggling. One of our adjuncts had recommended the book, Writers Inc: A student handbook for writing and learning. I have two copies - one for reference and one for circulation. This book proved to be quited helpful with that class. The circ copy gets checked out, and just came back yesterday.
The other recommendation I had from another adjunct, now full-time instructor, was Painless grammar. I again ordered two copies and the circ copy is currently checked out.

Both books have been helpful to me when I am assisting students. For those of you who do not have the books already, you might consider acquiring them for your library.

No comments: