Friday, January 02, 2009

Blogger's Block

Well, I have finally posted to the Blog. (Emily I hope you are seated). One of my New Year's resolutions was to post, so now I can check it off the list! The second resolution is to get more organized, well I'm more like organized chaos grounded in the Meg Wheatley theory of Chaos. http://www.well.com/~bbear/wheatley.html

I'm working on collaboration this upcoming quarter, and that means sharing more original works on the blog!

I am putting together a faculty packet of useful information. With that I created a cover letter in a bulleted format of the things we have to offer the students and faculty. It isn't complicated, but I think it serves two purposes. One, the faculty will think about what we have to offer, and two maybe sneak a peek for their own knowledge to possibly update their skills. It is a start...


2 comments:

Libby said...

These are very helpful "talking points," Jan. Many thanks for the idea! I think it will help as a "refresher" for our admissions staff, also.

Mary said...

Great idea Jan! I too put together a faculty packet, but I like the idea of having "talking points" on the front to sum up what we can offer them.