Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cataloging accomplishment

It's amazing what one can accomplish in just a few months. I'm finally feeling GOOD. If not 100% then pretty darn close, and it's apparent in the work I've been able to accomplish recently.

We have the internal auditors here this week, and it was important to the campus director to get as much cataloging as we could for this campus. It's not to say nothing was cataloged. There was a slight glitch here because Aleph was going through an upgrade around the same time I started, and while items were ready from OCLC, we couldn't get them into ALEPH. I'm not complaining - it just is what it is.

Well, nothing like a deadline to just get things done…

We now have 700+ books, reference books & DVDs in the ALEPH (public online) catalog. Since June 2008, I’ve cataloged +550!!!

Since I returned from vacation / surgery / 2008 craziness, 351 items were cataloged. I’ve had assistance from Sara from St. Cloud (THANKS!) who successfully cataloged 124 which helped tremendously.

Phew ... bring on the world! :)

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Karen, great job!

Now that you're on a cataloging roll, do you have plans to come to Bismarck anytime soon? I fell behind while I tried to be both dean and librarian. I think I have 8 boxes waiting for me.