Thursday, February 26, 2009

Technology Literacy

I had my yearly review this month and as part of my objectives for this year, my Dean put that I would provide support for HLC Preparation by leading Technology Information initiatives. Now, I know that she really means Technology Literacy because I am not an IT person. As part of the measurement of this objective, she has that I will provide 2 workshops to faculty and staff on Technology Literacy (my word). Has anyone else been asked to do this? If so (or if not) do you have suggestions on how you might provide a Technology Literacy workshop?

2 comments:

Chandra said...

I think that technology literacy will be discussed at the upcoming regional faculty meetings. Our meeting is tomorrow, but I've been asked to stay on campus to hold down the fort. I'm looking forward to finding out what's discussed about technology literacy.

LisaS said...

WOW! I was at the regional meeting and according to what was said it is not official that we will be including Tech Lit as a GAP assignment yet.

Advice: Remember that Tech Lit means more than following directions....it means that when in a jam with technology or programs that you can think outside the box and apply what you have learned.