Thursday, March 26, 2009

Library Liaison - Massage Therapy Meeting

Today I had the privilege of meeting with the massage therapy department, during their annual Massage Therapy Summit. As I came into my Massage Therapy Liaison role somewhat recently, it was a great opportunity to introduce myself and the liaison program to them.

We began with some simple introductions, then I went on to describe the history/background of the liaison program, followed by providing some liaison successes across the Rasmussen system. Next, I introduced the liaison program as it specifically applied to their roles and their discipline. I focused on the ways I could provide assistance and support for them and their students. Lastly, I mentioned what instructors could do to improve and best utilize the liaison system and their campus libraries.

All in all, the meeting was quite successful. The group tossed out some great ideas that I plan to use in the future. In addition, they were VERY happy to hear about our new library site. With Emily's approval, I showed them their department's libguide page and they seemed pleased with it. We even had a brief discussion regarding other items/boxes they'd like to see on the page and I have decided (again with Emily's approval) to send them a "preview" link of the page so that they can send any other ideas my way.

It was great to have the opportunity to meet with the group. Hopefully it will really help to open lines of communication between the program and the library.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Kate, that's great! I'm glad the instructors were so receptive.

I like your idea of sending out a preview page the Massage Therapy page of our new website. I may steal your idea for the MLT instructors.