Thursday, January 10, 2008

January Library Display



For my monthly display for January I decided to do National Mentoring Month. I have a bulletin board just outside of the library that I used to highlight Ron, our Mentor Center Coordinator, and the six tutors. (I call them "Ron and the Tutors," which makes them sound like an alternative rock band.) I asked the tutors to write up short bios and then I took their pictures and put them all on display. Although I had a little bit of grumbling from the tutors, most of them were happy to do it. I included the January tutor schedule, also. I thought it would be nice to highlight them since they really do work hard. We have 119 new students this quarter, so I thought it would be a good idea for them to be able to put names with faces of tutors. For inside the library I made up little signs for the three tables that I will include here also. I have received a lot of positive feedback on this display.




8 comments:

KarenE said...

That's a fantastic idea! Great job, Cynthia!

Chandra said...

Cynthia, I love it! You're right about new students needing to know who's who. What a great idea!

Pat said...

Cleverly done! I did a silly "Treat Yourself to a Book" display because I couldn't think of anything better. Your display that actually gives usable info is a much better idea. I will be looking for a local campus or community connection for my next display.

Well done Cynthia! You should treat yourself to a book!

Pat

Pat said...

Cleverly done! I did a silly "Treat Yourself to a Book" display because I couldn't think of anything better. Your display that actually gives usable info is a much better idea. I will be looking for a local campus or community connection for my next display.

Well done Cynthia! You should treat yourself to a book!

Dennis said...

Your display looks great! Well Done. I did a "National Clean Up Your Computer Month" display. I got the idea from Emily's list in the team manual and even used the handouts from her IT presentation from MLA! I also did a small book display in the library and posted different posters in all of the classrooms.

Cynthia said...

Dennis,
Did you design your own posters for the classrooms, and if so did you use the Library System or Rasmussen logo? I am curious about what others are doing since Kristy Croom was here talking about branding and marketing. I would love to do a book display tie in sometime, but it would be very small.

Dennis said...

I did design my own posters but was not able to use the logos because I could not incorporate them into the designs in such a way that I thought looked good. I did try and will use them in the future. I did have "Rasmussen College Library System" on them though. As for the book display it was very small and the only space I have is on a table in the library. I used a book display in the library as a way to get students to come to the library .

Anonymous said...

i read your article and loave it so much