Thursday, February 07, 2008

Allied Health Certification Materials -Rotating Rack

I thought I would share the websites I used to print off certification materials for each allied health program. These were the primary sites I found, but there may be others out there as well.

Medical Transcription - www.ahdionline.org
Medical Coding - www.ahima.org
Medical Assisting - www.aama-ntl.org
Surg. Tech. - www.nbstsa.org
Pharm. Tech. - www.ptcb.org
HIT - www.ahima.org
Massage Therapy - www.ncbtmb.com

My packets are fairly long; it was hard to decide what to include. Generally speaking I included a job overview, a description of the importance of certification, the certification process, exam info., and other random bits of information. I think it would be nice to have Brad Moore look these over to verify that the information provided is accurate. On a side note... I included a title page for each field along with a "disclaimer" that reads...

Description: This packet was developed by your campus Librarian as a helpful tool for obtaining certification in your profession. Read the packet carefully and decide if certification is right for you (it is not required for some allied health fields). Every attempt has been made to locate and supply up-to-date information for your field. If you have further questions please consult your organization’s certification website or one of your instructors.

4 comments:

Chandra said...

I haven't put packets together. (I hadn't even thought of that!)Instead, my display contains multiple copies of applications and study materials for the various certifications.

Cynthia said...

I have put some packets together-the candidate handbooks that I could find that were up to date. It looks like the Pharmacy Tech is doing it differently now and you have to gather up information from different pages on the website. I'm still working on that one. I also have applications with the handbooks. As I continue to acquire new journals I will shift Allied Health journals to the rotating rack, too.

Dan said...

Thanks for posting this Kate :)

LisaS said...

Kate:
I like the disclaimer that you put with the packets. When time permits I am going to do something similiar.