Thursday, February 07, 2008

Collaboration in Success Strategies

Hello All,
Emily asked me to post about my "team teaching" in Success Strategies. The instructor is our Fargo instructor of the year and the Harlan Employee of the Quarter, Lael Richards. I have been going in the second half of the class to both present-database searching, NoodleBib, etc. and also aid students individually in course assignments as it is a rather large class. In the process, I have had the opportunity to observe Lael's teaching methods and interactions with her students. She is very warm and approachable, her lecture style is quite conversational, and she always asks for feedback and checks for understanding throughout the class time. Her class is very responsive to both she and I and the classroom environment is relaxed yet on task. I am very much enjoying this experience. Has anyone else experienced a "team teaching" approach?

2 comments:

LisaS said...

Yes! I also have been working with our Success Strategies class. This quarter and last quarter I worked with Jeanne Gaffney. She is great to team teach with. She let me go into her class to teach parapharsing,summarizing and quoting. Then this week I have been in teaching databases and Noodle bib. She gives me input before and after a lesson and I really enjoy working with her, which I am sure benefits the students.

Anonymous said...

For the strumming hand get into a good rhythm and melody, and it requires
a lot of new things that have come up with their own lineup of cool guitar case models.


Stop by my webpage; gig bags for danelectro bass