Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Interesting article in latest Atlantic

If you have a chance, take a look at the very interesting cover story in the July/August 2008 issue of the Atlantic. It's titled "Is Google Making Us Stoopid: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains," by Nicholas Carr.

The gist is that Carr says his "mind isn't going ... but it's changing." He says it used to be easy when he immersed himself in a book or a lengthy article, but now his "concentration often starts to drift after two or three pages." A lot of food for thought in this article!

(Carr's latest book is The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, From Edison to Google.)

4 comments:

Amy Springer said...

I think this topic is super interesting.

I have also blogged about it.

Libby said...

Thanks for letting me know about your blog, Amy - Cool! (I meant to have my post about the Atlantic article show my name, not the Collective.)

Chandra said...

Libby, I'm glad to hear that the post was from you, not the Collective. For a moment, I was worried the Borg had taken over.

Libby said...

LOL, Chandra! No Borg worries yet, luckily.