Tuesday, July 22, 2008

subbing at Rockford

I spent two days at the Rockford Campus, and it reminded me about how awesome it is to be involved in this type of organization and part of this team. Everyone was so very nice and welcoming, and I was able to do a workshop and help a couple of students. Spending a lot of time in another environment helped me come up with some other ways of doing things, find other resources I'd like to add to my collection, and talk with other staff and faculty about resources and ideas.

I think it also helped the students have another viewpoint - a different way of teaching other than what they might have already had. If you ever have a chance, and I think we all should do this at least once, I highly recommend spending a few days elsewhere. Geee... this is starting to sound like an exchange program!

:)

Kudos to Cynthia! The library looks wonderfully organized.

1 comment:

CJ Ron said...

...and Karen gave a presentation in my Intro to Corrections class and did an outstanding job. Way to go!
Ron