Friday, July 11, 2008

RSS Workshop for Faculty

Have any of you hosted a workshop focused on introducing RSS feeds to faculty? In our morning meeting today my Dean was asking for ideas for professional development and I mentioned I was interested in hosting such a workshop. Most of the instructors sounded interested and ALL said that they were not currently using RSS feeds. Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for ideas - to see what may have worked in the past, or perhaps some good sites to recommend or blogs. I think it should be a fun topic and I'm looking forward to introducing it!

4 comments:

Chandra said...

Kate, that's a great idea. I haven't done any sessions like what you mentioned, but I've thought of giving a session on blogs and their classroom applications. I'd like to make use of the videos by Commoncraft in my presentations.

Emily said...

Amy and I had talked about me doing that as a system-wide webinar, but it didn't go too far because it was in the middle of break.

Should we put some presentation notes together so that everyone could offer this at their campuses?

Amy Springer said...

I think faculty could definitely benefit from a workshop or webinar. I think I have seen YouTube videos explaining Google Reader before... hmmm.. that might be fun to show in a workshop.

I found it hard to understand the benefits of having a google reader until I actually dove in and set up my feeds.

Kate Bessey said...

Thanks for the input! I'm going to put something together - I think a few minutes of show & tell and the remainder of the time they can work on setting up their own accounts.