Thursday, July 10, 2008

Splitting P2D for ILL benefits

Today I experienced my first benefit of our P2D symbol split. Someone at the University of Iowa wanted to borrow something from my campus through FirstSearch/OCLC! Talk about feeling important!

When you send an ILL outside of Rasmussen, what do you do to track it? I checked the book out to Ship so that it shows as unavailable, but I'm not sure of the best way to keep track of which outside library has what item, when it's due, etc. Please share your best practices.

2 comments:

LisaS said...

Chandra, we run off a copy of the request and keep in a 3 ring binder. When the material comes back we move it to another part of the binder.

Chandra said...

Lisa, that's a great idea. Simple and organized. Much better than my current method, which mostly consists of losing the printouts on my desk.