Monday, August 11, 2008

NoodleTools Open Workshop

One of my goals for this quarter is to do an open workshop. So, I decided that in week 9 I would attempt a NoodleTools workshop. I am hoping that by this time students who have a project/paper due will have already collected their sources so that they can leave the workshop with their Reference page completed. Has anyone done this and if so, how did it go? I am always looking for tips. If anyone has any flyers that they have used for this purpose that they would like to share, that would be great, too.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Amy Springer said...

Week 9 is a great time to do this workshop. That is usually when I also do this workshop.

I also tell students to bring materials to complete a reference page for their class, but no one ever brings their books, articles.

I always bring a few books and printed articles, and I have the students practice making reference pages.

LisaS said...

I did a workshop Noodle bib in week 3 this quarter. I enticed them in with Pasta salads. I had two made. I did two sessions one in the early afternoon and half an hour before night class. I ended up with 3 students at each session. The pasta and instructors helped me bring them in.