Monday, August 04, 2008

What does "College of Me" mean for faculty and staff?

A couple weeks ago, Marketing gave a presentation at the Eagan campus about the "College of Me" commercials and billboards. I think this is an exciting campaign, and I love how the library is featured in the commercials.

For our faculty and staff meeting on Friday, Matt Segaard asked me to speak about what the "College of Me" means and our role as faculty and staff. I showed this video clip, (see below) and I explained that a lot of the grievances expressed in the video- large class sizes, instructors that don't know names of their students, etc- were opposite of Rasmussen. This is what makes Rasmussen the "College of Me."




Then I drew this diagram on the board and asked faculty and staff to list off different qualities that we have that cater to the "College of Me" student. We ended up with a pretty great list. I wish I would have taken a photo of it.









In closing, I handed out a list of resources that I recommended.
I used the "College of Me" logo.

2 comments:

KarenE said...

What a great video! I'm going to share it with my academic dean.

Chandra said...

Amy, congratulations on being asked to present that topic to your faculty. I'm glad that Matt recognizes your passion for reaching this current generation of students.

I've been attending a prof. dev. conference this week. Today in a session about teaching in a digital native world, we watched that same video.