Monday, August 25, 2008

Survey Updates, Take II

Thanks to those of you (6 of you, where was everyone else?) who submitted comments about the surveys. I will detail changes I've made (or have not made and why) below.

Workshop Survey
- added Fort Myers to the campus list

- I Changed question 2 to a general pick list of workshops that you often give. I also included an "other" box for students to identify a blended workshop of 2 or more topics, if they feel it to be necessary.

- I changed the language of the first two items in #3 to "this information will be useful"

- I put the "effort" question as the last one in the set of #3. This was a suggestion made by one of you and I think it's a valuable question, considering how many students label something as boring/useless right now.

- I added a line in the e-mail portion about the e-mail remaining anonymous. I can send you results without you seeing which person added which response.

General Survey
- Added Fort Myers

- I'm leaving the "online library" language as is. The question is not for students to identify print resources that we are lacking (although, I guess it could be); it's for online students who do not visit the physical library. If we take out the "online library" part, fully online students may not think that the question applies to them.

- Changed "completed" to "attempted research"

- Changed the use of Library question to: The library (or Online Library) is useful for research, individual work, or group study (please note the OR here - I know that not all libraries are used for group study - but some certainly are)

- Added anonymous statement

- Added separate comment/question box

Questions, Concerns??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comments made by everyone, and like the changes that were made. I really like the drop-down for workshop topic... I'm not sure students would otherwise necessarily know what this would be :-)

Cynthia said...

I also like the changes. I appreciate the comment box for the librarian. The "effort" question, if answered honestly, is good as there are some students who surf the Internet or work on other things during workshops. I like the comment box for improvements and am interested in seeing what suggestions students have.