Tuesday, May 06, 2008

What are you reading?


I decided to try something fun to get some faculty/staff buy in to the library. I printed out these flyers along with recommendation forms and placed them in everyone's mailbox. I had a 33% response rate. The first two that were returned to me the following day were from the Campus Director and the Dean. I am hoping that when faculty sees that I purchase the books that they recommend that they will then start requesting resources for their areas.

I think it will be a hit with the students when I do faculty/staff picks, to see what their favorite instructor, admissions rep, etc. is reading/recommending. I also hope that it will increase circulation.

2 comments:

Amy Springer said...

This is a great idea. Dennis- you should post what you are doing. I liked your idea that you mentioned about "getting caught reading."

Amy Springer said...

P.S. You should add this book to your collection. I just blogged about it.

The Last Lecture