Friday, December 21, 2007

New ILS - Input Please

In our quest for a new ILS, Heather (formerly @Mankato) and I looked at different vendors at ALA Annual in June. Our notes, including websites, are available on CHIPSnet in the OPAC Committee folder. Also in the folder is an article with info on various vendors (i.e., which ones are used in academic libs). As I mentioned on our call this week, I'll be attending Midwinter next month. Any feedback beforehand would be appreciated - which vendors do you want more in-depth information on their product(s)? Which ones don't you like? Emily can correct me of course if I'm wrong, but I think we're steering clear of open-source systems and SirsiDynix. We like TLC, but are looking at others as well. Thanks!!

2 comments:

Chandra said...

Thanks for visiting with vendors and checking out systems for us.

With our campuses so spread out, it's important to me that the ILS provider has a good program in place for training us. The customer service is essential.

Anonymous said...

Chandra- Thanks for the feedback.

Is there another ILS that you particularly like?