Thursday, November 01, 2007

Another Introduction Post

I see I'm not the only one who had the idea to make an introduction today. I'm glad; it makes this somewhat easier now that Serafin has gone first. My name is Krista Jacobson and I am the new Online Library Intern. I am thrilled to have been chosen out of a candidate pool of...one. As you can see, it wasn't exactly my resume that blew Emily away but instead the fact that I was ready and willing. That said, I actually feel incredibly fortunate as the topic of how Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 can enhance the distance learning experience has been of particular interest to me ever since I studied it as part of an Academic Libraries class. (In fact, if you're interested, you can check out a blog I created for the class examining both the positive offerings of Web 2.0 as well as some of the negative implications of the movement. It was an assignment and nothing groundbreaking but here is a link if you're curious. )

My background:

I am originally from WI. I attended UW Madison where I majored in French and Spanish. I then went to my hometown (Stevens Point) where I followed in the footsteps of my teacher parents and pursued my degree in education. After I graduated, I went to France where I taught English at the I.U.F.M. d'Angers (Institut Universitaire de Formation des MaƮtres), a post graduate program for future teachers in France. After returning to the States, I taught French in a high school in IL for a year. I was planning on continuing to teach once I moved to the Twin Cities but I found a job outside of education while exploring what it would take to get a MN teaching license and discovered that I didn't miss being in a high school. I didn't want to leave education completely, however, and enrolled at the College of St. Catherine in the MLIS program.

To start, I'll be researching instant message programs for future instant message reference and social tagging software for the libraries. I know Amy from a class and I hope I'll get to meet the rest of you in the future. Unfortunately, I have a 8-5 job that prevents me from being able to participate in the phone call conferences and I'm not sure yet whether or not I'll be able to take a day off in two weeks for the full meeting. I hope so.

~Krista

10 comments:

Emily said...

I liked your resume, too.

Amy Springer said...

We are glad to have you!!!!

Nice to see you again Krista (virtually :) )

Kate Bessey said...

Welcome! We're so glad to have you Krista!! I'm looking forward to meeting you soon!

KarenE said...

Welcome, Krista! Nice to have you on the team!

I am greatly interested in both the theory and use of Web 2.0 and the implications on the Library 2.0. I have a rather funny story to relate about social networking ... that'll be the next post. :)

LisaS said...

Krista thank you for giving us a look into your past. France...we had a teacher at the last school I worked that went to France for a month during the summer to see if her French was correct and pick up some resources for class. She loved it!

Chandra said...

Krista, it's nice to meet you. I'm glad to know there's another former classroom teacher in the bunch. I used to teach middle school, but I find that I do not miss it as much as I thought I would. Like you, I've also taught overseas.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://uqaluguqa.virtue.nu/xavemuqi.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real income.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol with mastercard - buy tramadol cheap online

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine phentermine schedule - phentermine 37.5 to buy online