Monday, November 05, 2007

Creating AutoText

Librarians:

I have finished creating the "General Survey" in Survey Monkey.

The direct link to this survey is:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Lo7kv1LqQ946LlxZ2f1l0Q_3d_3d

You will probably not want this survey in every e-mail that you send, so I suggest that you create an AutoText that you can add to your e-mails at your whim.

To create an AutoText:
1. Open Microsoft Word
2. Type in the text just as you want it to appear in your e-mail (including hyperlinks)
3. Highlight the text with your mouse.
4. Click on the Insert Menu, then AutoText, then New.
5. Name your text (for the sake of this conversation, I named mine survey).


Now, when you want to enter it in an e-mail, click on your Insert menu, then AutoText, then select "survey" from your list (in my list, it is under Normal).

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Thanks for the directions for creating and inserting auto text. I would have had no idea how to do that.