Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Microsoft Office 2007 Ditties

Greetings Librearthlings (that would be a cross between Librarians and Earthlings):

In an effort to prepare ourselves a bit for the onslaught of Microsoft Office 2007 questions, I've provide a few resources (below) for your perusing and experimental (the G-rated kind) pleasure:


Microsoft Office Trial - The trial is for Excel, Word, and Access (Publisher may be included but it looks the same to me). It will run in full-version for 60 days. Word 2007 will not work as your text editor for Outlook 2003, FYI.
Many Training Courses - You can access training videos for both 2007 and 2003 here. No downloads required. I recommend starting with Word first and working your way to the more complex programs.
Demos - The product demos are also pretty clever.
The Compatibility Pack - allows you to open, edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations in the file formats new to Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007.


More to come....

2 comments:

KarenE said...

Thanks Emily!

I'm thrilled to have come home on Friday night to my techie hubby who had an "extra" laptop at work. He's installing the Office 2007 suite on it and I get to play with it this weekend! :D

I think this makes us true geeks - I think the count is now 4 laptops, 4 PCs in the house - in some semblance of working capability.

Beth said...

Thank you so much Emily, I can really use this prep and this will be a great resource to direct our students, faculty and staff to.